If you love outdoor activities such as hiking or fishing, you’re no stranger to the sun. You might even want to capture these memories to send to your long-distance family or post on your Instagram!
If that’s the case, you’ve probably felt the sting of a dead battery. A solar power bank can save you from this future frustration. You won’t have to worry about running out of power while documenting your adventures ever again.
With a solar power bank, you can charge your phone anywhere as long as you’ve got sunlight. A solar power bank keeps you prepared in times of an emergency and ensures you never miss an opportunity to capture those unforgettable memories you’re making.
|Name||Picture||Price||Best Feature||Our Rating||Best Price|
|Blavor Solar Power Bank||$||Convenient size with great durability||9.6/10||See Current Price|
|Feeke Solar Power Bank 32800mAh||$||Waterproof and can charge 4 devices at once||9.7/10||See Current Price|
|ADDTOP Solar Charger 25000mAh||$||Great 4 panel design. It can charge an iphone 10x before recharging||9.6/10||See Current Price|
|POWOBEST 20000 mAh Solar Power Bank||$||Fully charges in 6 hours||9.8/10||See Current Price|
|Hiluckey Solar Charger 26800mAh||$||Convenient size device that holds a charge longer than most||9.4/10||See Current Price|
What is a Solar Power Bank?
A Solar Power Bank is a mobile phone charging device that uses energy from the sun. This eco-friendly device uses natural energy to charge electronic devices such as mobile phones, televisions, tablets, laptops, and more.
See a Blavor Power Bank in Action
What are the Benefits of using a Portable Power Bank?
Various benefits come with using a portable power bank.
- Keeps you connected in case of an emergency. If you get into a sticky situation, the last thing you need is a dead battery.
- A portable power bank allows you to charge your phone without having access to an outlet. The portable power bank is also great for traveling.
- Super portable, just like the name says. The small size allows the user to carry anywhere in their purse or pack.
- Solar power banks are good for the environment. Using a solar portable power bank helps save energy.
How is Portable Power Measured?
Portable Power is measured using milliamps per hour (mAh). mAh is the measure of how long (per hour) the portable power bank can deliver a specific amount of current (mA).
All power banks come with different capacities of how often your electronic device can be charged using that power bank.
The more mAh a power bank has, the more often that bank will be able to charge your device.
Larger electronics such as laptops use more power, so you’ll need a power bank with more mAh for those devices.
You can divide the power bank’s capacity by the capacity of your electronic gadget to determine how many times a specific gadget can be charged using that specific power bank.
What to Look for in a Solar Power Bank?
- Size: Buy a solar power bank that is appropriate for your specific lifestyle. For example, if you travel a lot, buying a small size power bank will be more useful since you can easily throw it in your carry-on.
- Charging Speed: Pick the charging speed that is appropriate for the kind of device you want to charge. If you mostly need a power bank to charge your mobile phone, make sure you pick a power bank with the battery to support your phone. If you want to charge larger items such as laptops, you will want a solar power bank with a higher charging capacity.
- Weight: If you travel a lot, weight will be an essential factor to consider when buying a solar power bank. Keep in mind, most flights have weight restrictions. A heavier power bank will take away from the overall weight you can pack.
FAQ About Solar Power Banks
How Long Does it Take To Charge a Solar Power Bank?
In ideal conditions, it can take up to 20-25 hours to fully charge a portable solar power bank. However, you can use the power bank to charge the devices before a full charge. Some of the devices report a full charge in as little as 6 hours.
How Many Times Can you Charge a Cell Phone with a Portable Power Bank?
This depends on the size and storage of the device however most portable solar banks can charge an iPhone fully between 2-3 times before needing to be recharged.
Can you Charge a Laptop with a Solar Power Bank?
Yes, you can charge a laptop with most of the solar charging banks. Make sure that the power cord is compatible as most power banks use USB.
Can you Charge a Solar Power Bank on a Cloudy Day?
You can! Most solar power devices can charge on cloudy days it just takes quite a bit longer to charge than on normal sunny days.
The 5 Best Portable Solar Power Bank
Blavor Solar Power Bank
Summary: The Blavor Solar Power Bank is a Qi portable charger with 10,000 mAh. This power bank includes 5 volts and comes with a built-in compass and flashlight.
- The built-in compass and flashlight make the Blavor Solar Power Bank a convenient and handy tool to use outside for fishing and hiking activities.
- The charging times of this solar power bank have been repeatedly tested, which adds to the product’s reliability.
- Comes in different colors for the customer to choose from
- Multiple customers of the product claim that this solar power bank was not able to recharge using only sunlight
Feeke Solar Power Bank 32800mAh
Summary: The Feeke Solar Power Bank is a wireless charger with 32800 mAh. The item weighs12.48 ounces and is compatible with Qi-enabled gadgets. There are two micro USBs built into this solar power bank.
- The Feeke Solar Power Bank has a large charging capacity (32800 mAh), and it can charge multiple devices at once
- There is a built-in LED flashlight with three different lighting modes to help users in an emergency.
- The power bank is equipped with carabiners and slings, making it ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking and camping.
- Multiple customers complained that their device does not charge gadgets using only sunlight
- Multiple customers complained that the devices charged their gadget at a prolonged speed
ADDTOP Solar Charger 25000mAh
Summary: The ADDTOP Solar Charger is a portable charging unit with 25000 mAh. It comes equipped with 5 volts. The power bank automatically stops when the electronic device is done charging to avoid overheating.
- This charger comes equipped with a large battery backup that can be used outdoors or in emergencies.
- The charger is handheld-size which makes it convenient to take with you on any trip or activity
- The charger comes equipped with a bright LED light which makes it convenient to use in the dark
- There is only one color (orange) for customers to choose from
POWOBEST Solar Power Bank
Summary: The Powobest Solar Power Bank is a wireless unit that comes with three foldable solar panels. The device can charge up to 600 mAh input current when exposed to sunlight. The device is compatible with Apple products such as the iphone7.
- The Powobest Solar Power Bank can charge devices 3-5 times quicker than standard solar chargers. The total charging capacity is 20,000 mAh.
- The device is built using a water-resistant design to be safe in the bathroom or on the beach.
- Customers have complained that the device automatically shuts down while their device is on the charging unit. They think their device will be fully charged only to find out that the power bank stopped working and their device was not charged.
Hiluckey Solar Charger 26800mAh
Summary: The Hiluckey Solar Charger is a portable charger with 26800 mAh. The device includes wireless charging. This solar charger also carries 9 volts.
- The device is waterproof, making it safe to bring to the bathroom or on the beach
- This solar charger is also dustproof, which makes it ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking or camping
- This charger comes equipped with a flashlight which can be convenient in times of emergencies
- Multiple customers complained that the device could not be charged using only sunlight
- The USB Drive port stopped and did not work for one of the customers when their product arrived.
A portable solar power bank is an excellent investment for outdoor enthusiasts that love to hike or camp. Be sure to research different kinds of solar chargers before you make your purchase so that you know you are putting your money to good use.
Other Great Eco-Friendly Articles
Plastic is a part of our everyday lives. It’s used to make single-use bags, bottles, straws, and take-out containers. The overuse of plastic is causing …
If you’re trying to oxygenate the air in your home, then we have just the article for you. With so many pollutants and chemicals in …
Can shaving cream cans be recycled? That is the question that many shaving cream consumers ask themselves when they are deciding what to do with …